Custom Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

A start

I haven't had the chance to do much tatting over the past three weeks. However, I did manage to get a diagram and written instructions made for my latest doily, and I've just started to test tat it:

My curiosity got the better of me (again), and I wanted to see if the doily could be increased from 11 to 12 repeats while using the original stitch count. Well, it's already started to ruffle, so I think it will be best to stick with 11. I don't want to waste too much time on this experiment, so I'm going to finish the last few rings and chains and then start over with the correct amount of repeats. I'll set aside what I've done, just in case I want to go back to experimenting later.