Custom Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

One more down, three more to go

Now that these crosses have been written up and posted, I just have three more pattern sets to do before I'm done with my triangle themed experiments.


What's left? I've got a couple of bookmarks, which can be extended into a mat or a coaster. I've also got four repeatable squares, and a mini flake that I'm hoping to be able to turn into a small doily. For the doily, I've tatted the first and last rounds and have yet to design the middle:


I've found that this is the best way to design a doily with a pre-determined outer round. You see, the last round is kind of set in stone, because the triangular ring clusters need to match the first round. So the flexibility has to come from the middle rounds, which don't follow as many rules and can be adjusted as needed. It's also much easier to tat and redo the middle rounds because they take a lot less time to complete than the outer round. If the middle doesn't work, I snip it out and start again.

To brainstorm how the middle rounds will look, I've made a drawing on the Amaziograph app. I think this will be a good test for using this new app in tatting design.


By the way, Etsy seems to be having a few technical difficulties again, and I'm not sure if these are affecting the ability to download digital files. If you buy something from my shop and have any trouble getting the pattern, send me a message and I'll be happy to email you a copy of the file.

7 comments:

God's Kid said...

Great crosses!!! :)
Love the look of your new doily!!! :) I love the drawing too!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do like those crosses! I'm still amazed that you can design on the iPad. I play, but I have no control!

Robin Perfetti said...

The Apple Pencil helps a lot, but I still spend a lot of time pressing the undo button and redrawing the same segment over and over!

Madtatter80 said...

It's really pretty and a fun challenge too, I like this new pattern, I am sure it will turn out great. The crosses are beautiful too😄🌹😄

Jane McLellan said...

Fascinating!

muskaan said...

Fascinating, I agree ! And good tip about 'the middle path' to tatting and design testing !

Margarets designer cards said...

Two lovely crosses,
Your ur new design looks lovely and I like the middle,
I brought the app and have had a play with it, so far it's all about learning how to use it, but in time I am sure it going to be an asset