Custom Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Big and Small

Just a couple more snowflakes, one big and one small. These are both tatted in Lizbeth size 20 thread and the designs are loosely based on each other.


I meant to have a blog post about sizing a picot gauge for central beads, but didn't realize how much information I had to go through. I still need to finish that up and try to make it more concise and readable.

Yesterday I received a question about whether I had my blog tutorials in PDF format. There's actually a website that will convert any blog post into a PDF file, and I thought I'd share that here as it might be useful to some.

To convert a blog post into a PDF, go to https://www.printfriendly.com/ and copy paste the URL of the specific post you would like to convert. After you have done that, you can click on the button that says "print preview" and it will take you to a page where you can make small edits and also save the file as a PDF.

Edit: Margaret brought up a good point in the comments below. You can also copy paste an entire blog post into something like Microsoft Word or Pages and export the PDF from there.

Don't forget there is also another PDF website called https://smallpdf.com/ where you can combine multiple PDF files into one large file, split them up, and make other conversions. Both websites are free, but smallpdf.com limits you to two files per hour (if I'm remembering correctly). Anyhow, they are both really useful and are worth checking out.

8 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Thank you for the information, I have Windows 10 and I can make a PDF file simply by saving it as a PDF in word, all I have to do is change the box at the bottom of the save window from word file to a PDF file.

I love your snowflakes they are both a lovely design, I really like the onion rings one.

God's Kid said...

Fabulous snowflakes!!! :)
Thanks for sharing the info. about how to make PDFs. :)

Robin Perfetti said...

Good point Margaret. I don't have a Windows computer, but I just tried copy pasting a blog post into Pages and exported it as a PDF. I'll add that to the blog post, thanks!

Bernice said...

I love all your recent flakes, that is a great idea, two sizes. I have used Acrobat for a number of years to manipulate pdf files, thanks for the reminder about the bog print too.

Madtatter80 said...

A woman that can tat and has technology is a great thing, love the tatting always beautiful to see and make!

muskaan said...

I love the little sideways facing rings !!!

Jane McLellan said...

I agree with muskaan, those are lovely. I use Nitro to create PDFs, also a free program.

Sarah said...

Agreed!