Custom Pages

Friday, January 19, 2018

Heart

Here's a photo of the design I created while taking a break from tatting my doily:


This pattern is inspired by a lot of classic tatted hearts, specifically designs that use an outline to represent the heart. As such, I've called this pattern "Classic Heart." You can find it in my Etsy shop by clicking here.

The sets of double rings have proven to be a really versatile tatting element. I've used them in several designs, including the doily from my previous post. By changing ring size and join location, a lot of different curves and angles can be made.

I tatted 12 hearts before I got the angles correct and finalized the stitch counts. While I was experimenting, I could see the potential for outlining several other shapes as well. Not that I would do it, but I bet the alphabet could be tatted with ring sets like this. Also spades, clubs, and diamonds to go along with the heart (as in playing cards), but I'm not sure how good those would look as just outlines.

So far, I've only tatted three hearts from the finished pattern:


When I get the chance, I'd like to try a few more color combinations to see how they look.

12 comments:

StringyDogs said...

Pretty!
-Linda

Madtatter80 said...

They are beautiful it funny i was just making up some more heart patterns my self, I guess its that time of year💜🐘💜 I go on over to your shop next 😍

God's Kid said...

Gorgeous hearts!!!!!!!!!! :)
That is a pattern I will have to get some time!! :)

muskaan said...

These are so very pretty !!! St Valentine comes early this year :-)

Bernice said...

The world needs more tatted hearts and these are lovely. Well done.

Lavinia said...

Beautiful design, as usual! And just in time for Valentine's Day.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love your heart pattern! I may have to tat some up for Valentine's Day!

sofia-eliza said...

Super serduszka ***

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful heart pattern

Joschaocchi said...

Wunderschöne Herzen für Valentin. Danke für zeigen

Jenn said...

Love love love :). Beautiful heart pattern :).

Anetta (Jamiolowo) said...

Beautiful hearts :)