I adjusted the stitch counts for the midline of my table runner, and I think I found something that will work. It's very close, so I should be able to block it into place if needed. I've now started on the actual runner. I had to coil the long end to take a close up photo (looks like coiling a tatted edging could make a flower too):
It's going to be a very long project, and I need to make around 500 of the trefoils. So far I have 25 of them. I began in the middle of the table and then worked my way to the edge before turning. If the table didn't have a line down the middle, I would have started from one end and worked my way to the other end.
I want the runner to drape so that's why the sample hangs over the edge. This end will taper into a point instead of running straight across. More on that as I continue with the project: