Custom Pages

Friday, April 20, 2018

Ready for Spring

I'm ready for the temperatures to stabilize so I can plant a vegetable garden in the back yard. The poor plants have been sitting inside under grow lights for months, as I wait for the freeze warnings to dissipate. In the meantime, I've tatted a flowery bookmark in bright spring colors:


This bookmark is made in Lizbeth size 40 thread, Coral Splash and Leaf Green Medium. The design is something I came up with earlier this week. As I was tatting this, I couldn't help but think that it is reminiscent of the Priscilla bookmark. The placement of elements is similar, however this pattern uses self closing mock rings while the Priscilla bookmark has regular rings. 

I have some other bookmark designs that I am working on as well. Between bookmarks and the table runner, I will be plenty busy with tatting for the rest of the year.

8 comments:

God's Kid said...

Awesome and beautiful bookmark!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your bookmark is beautiful! Does this mean a new book is in the works? I'm in the mood for bookmarks! :-)

Robin Perfetti said...

Diane, yes I will be working on a collection of about 10 bookmark patterns. If all goes well they’ll be ready by the end of this year, along with the table runner.

Jane McLellan said...

Ooh, that's a lovely bookmark. I've been thinking I should tat some bookmarks to have on hand as gifts. I hope you'll be able to plant soon.

Madtatter80 said...

Oh very excited about you bookmarks and I just bought that coral splash not too long ago it great colors🦋❤🦋

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful bookmark, love your colours, and a lovely pattern,
We seem to have lost Spring in the uk and have bounced from a long winter into summer.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Gorgeous bookmark pattern and tassel! Beautifully tatted! I don't believe I've seen that lovely Lizbeth thread before. It's interesting that there are mock rings.

The weather here in Pittsburgh has been very 'trying' on our nerves! It seems that we really don't have Spring anymore, but I'm trying not to complain because we didn't have the big snow storm that others endured. Were finally seeing blossoms on trees! The daffodils were really late this year!

Frivole said...

Lovely colours and so perfectly tatted!