Custom Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Frivole's Flakes

A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to win Joëlle Paulson's latest snowflake pattern through a drawing she had on her blog (leblogdefrivole.blogspot.com). I have tatted a few of her other snowflakes in the past and really admire the way she uses lock chains and other techniques to form angles, making the tatting look like real snowflakes.

I decided to tat the pattern I won (Calixa) along with Le Flocon Frivole and Qanik:


These three will be added to my Christmas tree in December.

8 comments:

muskaan said...

Her snowflakes are indeed fabulous ! And love her design journey-from inception to finish. Unfortunately my compy usually reboots when I try to leave a comment on her blog.

God's Kid said...

Awesome snowflakes!!! :)
Your tree will be so beautiful!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautifully tatted! I've been working on crocheted snowflakes for our Christmas in the Village, only because they take far less time than tatted ones. I'm itching to tat some beauties for our Christmas tree!

Jane McLellan said...

Lovely!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful snowflake, I love her patterns they are always beautiful

Frivole said...

Hi Robin! You tat beautifully which makes the snowflakes look even prettier! I'm delighted to think that some of my snowflakes will be on your tree this year. :-)

Robin Perfetti said...

Thanks everyone! Frivole, it was a pleasure tatting your snowflakes and they gave me some ideas to use in future designs :)

Anetta (Jamiolowo) said...

Beautiful snowflakes