Custom Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

100 years ago today...

Two sterling silver tatting shuttles were gifted on Christmas day, 1918:


The last initial is the same on both shuttles, which leads me to believe that these were given to two sisters. I wish I knew the story behind them. I purchased these on eBay in 2012, the year that I learned how to tat.

The first one reads "FEC 12-25-'18"


The second shuttle reads "M.W.C. 12-25-'18"


I thought these would be interesting to post today. Merry Christmas everyone!

6 comments:

God's Kid said...

Have a very Merry Christmas!!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Wow, very special shuttles. It would be good to know the stories they hold.

Ninetta said...

Special shuttles, now they're in good hands. Merry Christmas!

Margarets designer cards said...

Very special shuttles, there must be a story to them and I’m pleased you have them and they were not thrown away.
I wish you a very happy Christmas

Madtatter80 said...

Wow that very cool an even 100 years old they are beautiful🎄🍃🌹🍃🎄

muskaan said...

Wow, what a treasure !!! Priceless.