Custom Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I got distracted again...

As I was looking over the floral doily and coasters that I designed earlier this year, I wondered why I didn't try a five petaled version. I opened up my binder of tatted samples, found a five petaled flower and started designing. Here is the finished doily in size 20 and size 40 thread:


This lays better than the previous design so I think I will use it in my upcoming pattern pack instead. Which brings up the question of what to do with designs that don't quite fit my standards. Would you like to see them offered as free patterns?

I haven't given up on the floral coasters, and I'm super close to getting them down to three rounds (they were originally four which I thought was excessive for such a small piece of tatting):


If you've ever wondered why it takes me so long to get patterns completed and written, now you know!

9 comments:

mika said...

Wyglądają super

Madtatter80 said...

Interesting question you pose, will have to think about it. It is beautiful :)

God's Kid said...

Awesome distractions!!! :)
Those are so beautiful!!! :)
If you offer any patterns as free, I am sure they will get great attention, because your patterns are wonderful!!! :)

muskaan said...

Your patterns will be lapped up in no time - free or priced :-)
Difficult to choose which I like better - 5 petals or 6 ! 6 petals leave a less open/obvious outline; more pronounced in the 5-petaled one.
Perfection means patience & perseverance :-)

Jane McLellan said...

I like the 5-petaled ones!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I really like this 5-petaled version. Are the flowers tatted individually, or have you figured a way to just keep going around? It doesn't matter. I love your patterns and I will tat them whether they're free or purchased.

Madtatter80 said...

I love your work and perfection with tatting these coasters are lovely to see and makes me want to try no mater what you do :)

Robin Perfetti said...

The flower rounds are tatted in one pass using split rings to go from one flower to another. It also requires knowing how to make a join to the second half of a split ring, but with practice it's not bad at all! I'm sure it could also be made with individual flowers if the joining picots are kept very small.

Robin Perfetti said...

Thanks Carollyn! Well, if everything goes as planned I will be sending emails in about a month looking for testers :)