Custom Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Back to Stawasz

Well, I'm finally back to making some progress on the Stawasz Monster Doily, after taking a much longer break than anticipated. In order to keep from going crazy from the monotony, I find that I need to take regular breaks to work on other things that are more interesting. Here is the doily, up to Round 7 now, tatted in DMC Cordonnet Special size 100 white:
I changed the stitch count a bit from the suggested numbers posted by monedido at InTatters. This is one of the rounds where the stitch counts for the chains are missing, and the photograph in the magazine is too zoomed out to be able to count stitches. I must have altered it a bit too much, because I found this round starting to ruffle. No worries though...a bit of water and a trip to the blocking board fixed that right away.
Now the question is whether or not my blocking board will be large enough to contain the doily once it gets to the last few rounds. It will be close. I bought this last year from my local JoAnn Fabrics for about $15 after using my 50% off coupon. I think I got a pretty good deal. It's called the June Tailor Cushioned Quilter's Square 'N Blocker for anyone interested.

Here's another shot of the doily.
It's getting to be too big to photograph on my card stock, so maybe I'll make a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up some of the poster board sized paper I saw there.
Now it's time to formulate my first post about how to diagram with Inkscape, so I can get it on the blog later this week.

6 comments:

  1. This is looking good blocking always looks neat and should be done more often in tatting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carollyn. I'm always amazed at the magic a little water can do :)

      Delete