Custom Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Free Diagramming Template

Hi everyone! I was planning to include a free diagramming template in a future post, but I decided to go ahead and offer it today. I've created an Inkscape file with a variety of ring constructions that you can copy paste into your own diagrams. Here is a screenshot:



Click here to access the file on Google Drive.

To be able to use the file, you will have to download it to your computer. There should be a Download button at the top of the screen after clicking on the above link. Make sure that you have Inkscape installed, because the file is in .svg format and may not show up properly in other programs.

Also, a brief note to those making your own diagrams: When you save your final version, make sure to export it as a PDF so that it is accessible to the general public. To do this, go to File > Save As:


Then choose PDF from the drop down menu on the save screen:


There will be some boxes to check. Select "Convert text to paths" and "Rasterize filter effects." Then decide if you want to export just your drawing, or the whole page (I always choose page):

That's it for now. I will probably resume making tutorial posts next week. Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Frivolenka said...

Great, thanks for sharing Inkscape. Tutorial sequel, Fantastik! I learn and I will use. Thank ☼

muskaan said...

Will I ever be able to do stuff as neatly as you, Robin .... nope, that boat has sailed away - a long long distance ;-P
Thanks for the template, and of course your detailed explanation.

Robin Perfetti said...

Your welcome, and good luck!

Robin Perfetti said...

LOL. Obsessive neatness comes with it's own set of downfalls. Case in point, I just spelled "You're" wrong in my above comment and it is really bugging me that I can't edit it!

Hope the template comes in handy :)

Robin Perfetti said...

And it's should be its. You see what this does to me? :)

Jenn said...

This is wonderful! Thank you kindly Robin for sharing the template and tutorials for us to learn Inkscape :). My goal this Easter long weekend is to at least have a go at diagramming something simple :).

Orane BEVELACQUA said...

merci robin, grâce à vous je viens de réaliser mon 1er schéma de frivolité, je suis fier moi qui suis nul en info-graphie